Businesses of all shapes and sizes rely on electricity more than ever. Both they and the commercial electricians who serve them are constantly bombarded with new technologies, energy considerations, and costs concerns as they safely and efficiently power their buildings.
Over the course of our many years in business as a commercial electrician in Santa Rosa, here are 7 of the most common electrical problems we see and handle.
- Electrical and grounding system problems. This issue is often overlooked because it doesn’t always show any physical signs of trouble. But it’s a serious problem that’s usually caused by improper and unbalanced wire feeders and branch circuits. Regular electrical inspections by a licensed commercial electrician can help in detecting this issue before it becomes a big, expensive problem.
- Unprotected wiring. All commercial property wiring must typically be covered to meet safety codes. Loose connections, too, should be watched for, especially after renovation or repair work. If you’ve recently purchased, leased, or remodeled your commercial space, have a Santa Rosa commercial electrician ensure your wiring is up to local codes.
- Power loss. It doesn’t matter if you own office space or an industrial facility, unexpected loss of power can wreak havoc on daily operations and your bottom line. It’s often a simple fuse problem, but if it happens frequently, a commercial electrician can help discover why.
- Hot fixtures. Along with hot switches, this could be the indication of a serious electrical breakdown. If you notice sparks when plugging in an appliance or piece of equipment, call in an electrician to fix the issue.
- Tripping breakers. Circuit breakers that trip are usually overloaded or have a ground fault or short circuit. Left unaddressed, the issue poses a fire hazard.
- Faulty installations. We often see improper installation of telephone, A/C, water heater, and other electrical equipment in commercial buildings, particularly with those that require dedicated outlets or that are plugged into power strips or extension cords.
- Flickering lights. Often the solution is a simple bulb replacement. Other times it might mean a poor circuit connection. Because this issue can lead to power arcing, it’s important to get it looked into as soon as possible.
Sometimes the only sign you have an electrical problem in your commercial building is a sudden spike in electric bills. That’s usually a sign that power is being wasted somewhere in the infrastructure. A total system check usually uncovers the culprit or culprits.
Best Commercial Electrician Services in Santa Rosa
Nearly all businesses face electrical problems at some point. Spyrka Electric is your go-to source for rapid and safe commercial electrical repair work that’s designed to minimize disruption to your company’s daily operations. We specialize in all commercial installations including networking and lighting design. Our highly skilled commercial electricians have decades of combined experience and are trained to make sure your project receives the highest level of professionalism, knowledge, and skill required.
Spyrka Electric has been servicing the commercial electrical repair needs of local businesses for 25 years. If you’re looking for the best commercial electrician in Santa Rosa, we’re here to help you out. Contact us today by phone, email, or online so we can meet with you to assess your commercial electrical problems and perform the repairs needed to keep your business running more efficiently and cost-effectively.