When you choose a residential electrician in Santa Rosa CA you want one who is qualified and well-equipped to take care of all your electrical needs. But did you know residential electricians can also be a great source of information on technological advancements in the industry as well as electrical tips to keep your family and home safe and efficient?
Residential technicians not only have critical problem solving skills, they can teach you a few things about electricity and electrical devices you may not have known.
New Electrical Outlet Features
They seem so simple, but technology has even managed to improve the common wall outlet. While older versions are perfectly fine for delivering power, newer outlets give you more convenience choices and safety features.
Most homeowners are now familiar with GFCI, or ground fault circuit interrupters, that have become code for outlets located within six feet of water. Today’s models take traditional GFCIs to another level:
- Self-testing models monitor themselves for functionality and disconnect from the power source if the GFCI function fails.
- Some GFCIs are located behind appliances or furniture. New versions have an audible alarm that alerts you to a failure.
- Tamper-resistant models, some with nightlights, are terrific choices for nurseries, a child’s bedroom, or bathrooms.
- USB charging and Wi-Fi ready outlets are smart home features that offer homeowners the option of controlling their outlets from anywhere, anytime.
You can now also get GFCI/AFCI combo outlets that prevent electrocution and shock as well as the possibility of fire. When the AFCI portion detects an arc fault, it automatically shuts off the outlet.
Electrical Safety Practices
Residential electricians have an encyclopedic knowledge of electrical safety practices that they’re more than happy to share with you. Along with never overloading your outlets with too many extension cords:
- Always use light bulbs that are at or below the recommended wattage.
- Install smoke detectors on every floor of your home and inside every room where someone sleeps. Remember to test them every month.
- Be proactive and have your home inspected by a certified electrician. Be sure to follow up on any suggestions for installing newer outlets or upgraded panels.
And while you’re at it, get rid of any extension cords altogether and have your electrician install additional outlets. You, your family, and your home, will be safer for it.
Smarter, More Connected Homes
Residential electricians are your go-to source for all things related to transforming your home into a smart one. Lighting, HVAC systems, appliances, and other devices can now all be connected to the internet to provide you with real-time data and help lower your energy costs. Things like ultra-efficient heat pumps, carbon-fighting clothes dryers, magnetocaloric refrigerators, advanced window controls, and brighter, better LED lighting are exciting new technologies that homeowners can now invest in.
Your Best Residential Electrician in Santa Rosa
At Spyrka Electric, we understand you have a choice of residential electricians in Santa Rosa CA to choose from. Our courteous technicians respect you and your home, providing an exceptional attention to detail that ensures quality and safety for every job they do.
Whether you need electrical repair or installation work, Spyrka offers upgrades, repairs, and installations that deliver high customer satisfaction by getting the work done right the first time. To learn more about our friendly, family-owned electrical services company, contact us by phone, email, or online today.