When you have tripped a breaker, either by overloading or short circuiting, it will trip off as it is designed to. Your breakers either are located on the exterior of the house (where the PG&E meter is located) or in the interior of the house (either garage, basement, clothing closet). The breaker will either go up and down, right to left, or left to right to turn them off. When resetting your breaker, you need to fully push the handle to the opposite direction until you hear a click. Now you have reset the breaker and can return it to the proper position. When returning, if you find that the breaker buzzes or trips off again, that means the wiring still has the problem on it. You can see if something new is on the wiring. If so, remove and try resetting one more time. If this problem continues, you have other internal issues that require a licensed electrical contractor to repair.
Call Spyrka Electric Today!
For a Fast, FREE Estimate and Competitive Pricing:
- Watts Up With All Those Orange Electrical Outlets?
- How to Level Up with Electrical Panel Upgrades in Santa Rosa
- Why None Can Compare to Spyrka Electric
- FAQs on Electrical Panel Upgrades in Santa Rosa
- Commercial Electrician Santa Rosa: 7 Common Problems
- What Does an Orange Triangle on an Outlet Mean?
- Backup Generator Installation: Finding the Right Generator Installer
- Outdoor Lighting Ideas to Enhance Safety and Security
- Everything You Need to Know About an Electrical Panel Upgrade
- Should You Repair or Replace a Broken Bathroom Fan?
- Your First Stop for Commercial Electrical Repair in Sebastopol
- What to Expect With a Backup Generator Installation
- The Latest Trends in LED Lighting
- How Often Should You Get a Home Electrical Inspection?
- Is it Time to Upgrade Your Home’s Electrical Panel?
- Is Your Computer Cabling Delivering Peak Performance?
- Backup Generators: Great Solution to Power Cutoffs and More
- Outdoor Lighting in Sonoma California
- The Lowest Commercial Electrician in Santa Rosa Isn’t Always the Best
- Residential Electricians Santa Rosa CA: What You Didn’t Know You Could Learn