Unplug the item (if plugged in) from the receptacle. Plug in an item in the same receptacle that you know is in working condition. If your item is not working and you have tried to reset the breaker, you can install an extension cord from a working receptacle to restore power until a licensed electrical contractor can arrive. When you use an extension cord, you should always use a high-grade cord, either a 15-amp or 20-amp-rated cord. Most cords will give you this information on the sides. It is always nice to have one on hand for this emergency. If your item does not operate once you have restored power, you will need to call the appropriate repair company.
Call Spyrka Electric Today!
- Watts Up With All Those Orange Electrical Outlets?
- How to Level Up with Electrical Panel Upgrades in Santa Rosa
- Why None Can Compare to Spyrka Electric
- FAQs on Electrical Panel Upgrades in Santa Rosa
- Commercial Electrician Santa Rosa: 7 Common Problems
- What Does an Orange Triangle on an Outlet Mean?
- Backup Generator Installation: Finding the Right Generator Installer
- Outdoor Lighting Ideas to Enhance Safety and Security
- Everything You Need to Know About an Electrical Panel Upgrade
- Should You Repair or Replace a Broken Bathroom Fan?
- Your First Stop for Commercial Electrical Repair in Sebastopol
- What to Expect With a Backup Generator Installation
- The Latest Trends in LED Lighting
- How Often Should You Get a Home Electrical Inspection?
- Is it Time to Upgrade Your Home’s Electrical Panel?
- Is Your Computer Cabling Delivering Peak Performance?
- Backup Generators: Great Solution to Power Cutoffs and More
- Outdoor Lighting in Sonoma California
- The Lowest Commercial Electrician in Santa Rosa Isn’t Always the Best
- Residential Electricians Santa Rosa CA: What You Didn’t Know You Could Learn