Talented DIY fans can perform many aspects of pool installation and maintenance on their own, but electrical work simply requires too much experience and skill. It’s best to leave pool and hot tub wiring to the pros. Your health and the safety of your equipment, both now and in the future, depend on professional wiring from a licensed electrician.
Most homeowners wanting to install or repair pools as a DIY project should focus on less intensive steps like tiling and other cosmetic work. Here’s a look at what pool and hot tub wiring requires for installation and repair, and why an electrician should be relied upon.
Installation: Pool and Hot Tub Wiring
Before installation, an electrician must determine the proper electrical circuits and equipment to suit your pool or hut tub. Depending on the size of the pool, heating needs, and any other factors, the wiring will need to be just right to avoid overloading the system or failing to provide enough power. Pool and hot tub wiring will determine the dependability of your clean system and water filtration as well.
Certified electricians should handle the actual installation because electrical work located so close to water need to be carefully placed and protected. Additionally, the wiring will need protection from outdoors elements—an amateur job might lead to critical damage at any moment.
Chief considerations for installing pool and hot tub wiring include:
- Ground fault protection against electrical shocks.
- Underground wiring located and protected to avoid damage from digging.
- Wiring connected to the pool or tub must follow the highly technical schematics instructed by the manufacturer.
- Pool and hot tub wiring may or may not call for neutral wires, and the correct system must be installed with complete precision to prevent problems.
Pool and Hot Tub Wiring Maintenance
When upgrading your electrical system, installing a new heating system, or making repairs when necessary, save yourself the great expense of time and effort by calling in a professional electrician. When you hire a trusted local electrician with pool and spa experience, you know that the work will be performed with accuracy, speed, and dependability.
Electricians should handle wiring-related pool repair and maintenance of virtually any kind:
- Troubleshooting power problems like tripped circuits or loss of pump pressure.
- Troubleshooting mysterious problems like unreliable or excessive heating.
- Replacing wiring or circuit breakers.
- Installing or replacing a new peripheral, such as when adding a solar heater or a new cleaning system.
Water and electricity don’t mix! Pool and hot tub wiring should be left to professionals who know how to safely make installations and repairs. Your pool should be a source of enjoyment and relaxation, so call your local electrician and let the expert handle the wiring.