The modern home is more technically challenged than ever before. From flickering lights to dead outlets and frequently tripping breakers, at some point you’re going to need the services of a professional, licensed electrician. Spyrka repair services are reliable, efficient, and fairly priced.
Top Spyrka Repair Services for Homeowners
There are some simple electrical projects a seasoned DIYer can handle, but if you lack the knowledge and skills, are planning an upgrade, or need a more serious problem handled, it’s best to have these repairs handled by a professional electrician.
- Service panel repairs. Upgrading the electrical panel can provide a more consistent power supply throughout your home and solve many of the other problems listed here. It also allows for the future expansion of your system as electrical needs increase.
- Dead electrical outlets. There can be a simple explanation for a dead outlet, but there also may be faulty wiring in and around the outlet. In those cases, a skilled electrician should inspect the outlet before action is taken.
- Light switch repairs, flickering lights. Lights flicker for a number of reasons including a loose bulb, faulty plug, or incompatible dimmers. If you notice a buzzing sound or smell something burning from the fixture, a loose circuit connection that poses a fire risk may be the cause.
- Electrical wiring problems. Too many extension cords, hot outlets, and constant buzzing noises are just some of the indications your home may have serious wiring problems. If you notice sparking when you plug in an appliance, that could also mean faulty wiring within the interior walls.
- Overloaded circuits and short circuits. Both can cause a power outage in one area or the entire house. Electrical circuits are designed to handle a limited amount of electricity. If you draw more than it can safely handle, it can trip and shut off the power to the entire circuit.
- Improperly sized or frequently tripped breakers or blown fuses. In addition to overloading and shorts, circuit breakers trip and fuses blow due to ground and arc faults. An AFCI, or arc fault circuit interrupter, is an advanced circuit breaker that detects dangerous electrical arcs and reduces electrical fire threats.
- Broken GFCI outlets and breakers. GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) outlets are the outlets with the reset and test buttons. They offer ground fault protection in the areas of your home with the greatest risk of shock or electrical hazards, such as the bathrooms and kitchen. If the reset button on one of these outlets trips every time you press it, there might be a dangerous current running through the circuit.
Call Now for Repair Solutions
Of all the components in your home, electrical wiring is one of the most important. To ensure it works safely and correctly, watch for the warning signs listed above. The sooner they’re detected, the less costly damage you’ll suffer.
For over 25 years we’ve offered Spyrka repair services to homeowners in Sebastopol, Santa Rosa, and the entire North Bay Area. If your home’s electrical system is in need of repair, it’s time to contact Spyrka Electric by phone, email, or online to assess the problem and perform necessary electrical repair and installation services to help your entire family live more comfortably.